GPON repeater amplifier is an optical transmission equipment which magnify and reshape signals during optical transmission process. The PON extender can provide 3R (i.e. re-amplification, reshaping and retiming) regeneration to signals during optical transmission, amplify weak input of optical signals, complete regeneration of electrical signals, and make transmission distance of PON become longer and support more extended users. The 2 PON OLT extender device can effectively save OLT quantity and extend network transmission distance. The OEO fiber repeater equipement have been widely applied for long-distance transmission in various optical communication applications.
Its advantages include in small size of optical signals, being economical and safe, and simple installation etc. Therefore, it can be applied in various optical transmission fields.
PON technology has been applied more and more widely in the domains of private network communication such as electric power, coal mining, broadcast and television, and army. As we know, the transmission distance in a PON system is restricted within 20km scope. Owing to the restriction of OLT transmission distance, the quantity of ONU devices has to be reduced in order to lengthen the transmission distance, which results in great waste of OLT interfaces and optical fiber resources occupied by OLT. Furthermore, the optical power is often small but the transmission distance typically exceeds 20km in these applications, in particular, the optical fiber resources may very possibly become inadequate at the entrances of optical fiber to communities or key clients.
- In accord with IEEE802.3ah and Chinese communication industrial standard (YD/T 1475-2006);
- Extend PON system transmission distance from 20km to 60km or even 80km;
- Uplink: supports combination of different types of PON OLT interfaces and different physical connectors;
- Downlink: supports different types of PON ONU interfaces(shunt or ONU interface).
- Be compatible with GPON system;
- Be compatible with GPON OLT and ONU equipment manufactured by different vendors;
- 1U desktop equipment, small space occupation and low power consumption;
- Support kinds network management modes, local management on terminal console; Telnet-based remote logon network management, Web-based and SNMP-based direct GUI management.
- Supporting GPON OEO relay function
- 3R signal regeneration
- Supporting 1550nm and 1620nm dual wavelength storage with externally connected passive equipment.
PON extender's specification
GPON OEO transmission performance
Uplink: supporting receipt and transmission of 2.488G/s or 1.25G/scontinuous signals.
Downlink: supporting receipt and transmission of 1.25G/sburst-mode signals.
Supporting 60km/1:64 ODN network expansion
Where, OLT—>OEO BOX trunk supports 40km transmission;
OEO BOX—>ONU supports 20km/1:64 ODN power budget. Refer to the below figure for details:
Properties of GPON OEO’s physical layer
OEO Properties of ONU/OLT optical interface’s physical layer
–Receiving sensitivity of OLT optical interface ≦ -28dBm
–Optical power of ONU optical interface ≧ +1dBm
–Receiving sensitivity of ONU optical interface ≦ -28dBm
–Optical power of OLT optical interface ≧ +0.5dBm
–Burst-mode signal time ≦ 50ns
–Fast AGC attenuation ≧ 10dB
Applying SFF or SFP optical interface module, connected as shown in the above figure.
In EPON/GPON system, it will not generate any error code to the system and have no adverse effects on transmission or performance.
Repeater amplifier's compatibility
1) Be compatible with GPON system;
2) Be compatible with GPON OLT and ONU equipment manufactured by different vendors;
3) Be capable of adapting to 1550nm analog video and 1620nm OTDR dual wavelength storage
Power supplied by Rack chasiss
Power supply : 12VDC
Power Consumption: <=5 Watts
Operating temperature: -20C~+70 C
Storage temperature: -40 C~+80 C
Relative temperature:95% (uncondensed)
PON extender's application
1. Extend Transmission Distance
Note: GPON system shall support measurement of corresponding physical distance, and PON OEO device can only lengthen the distance on the basis of optical properties.
2. Extension of splitting ratio
Note: GPON system shall support online of corresponding 256 ONU, and PON OEO can only extend the splitting ratio on the basis of optical properties.
3. Repeater amplifier's parallel application
Note: GPON system shall support measurement of corresponding physical distance and differential range, and PON OEO device can only lengthen the distance on the basis of optical properties.
|GPON OEO GPON Repeater Amplifier, two pon ports, DC48V Power adapter, with AC DCpower converter
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.