The fiber optic fusion splicer is mainly used for the docking and maintenance of optical cables in optical communication projects, and its function is to fuse two optical fibers together.
Different classification methods have different types of fusion splicers.
- According to the number of optical fibers that can be fused at one time
- According to the motor classification
1. First of all,we introduce single-core fusion splicer and ribbon fusion splicer.1.1 Introduction of single-core optical fiber fusion splicer
(1) Spliced fiber: It splices single-core optical fiber. Ordinary single-core communication optical fiber has a diameter of 0.125mm. Single-core means that only one core can be welded at a time, and the fixtures are all single-core.
(2) Application: Single-core optical fiber fusion splicer is the most used in our daily life. The single-core optical fiber fusion splicer is mainly used in: construction, maintenance, and emergency repair of optical cable lines of telecom operators, communication engineering companies, and public institutions; experiments, production, and testing of optical devices, etc.
(1) Spliced fiber: It can splices fusion ribbon fiber. The ribbon fiber is characterized by being wider than a single fiber. For example, the 12-core ribbon fiber is flat and 3mm wide. For the number of cores of the optical cable, the number of cores of the fixture is divided into 2/4/6/8/12.
(2) Application: Ribbon optical fiber fusion splicer is mainly used in optical communication, construction and maintenance of optical cables
2. Second, we introduce the 4 motors fusion splicer and 6 motors fusion splicer.
2.1 Introduction of 4 motors fusion splicer
It has 4 motors, which are 2 motors that push the fiber to the middle and 2 motors that adjust the image of the fiber on the screen to the same level.
It has 6 motors, which are 2 motors that push the fiber to the middle, 2 motors that adjust the image of the fiber on the screen to the same level and 2 motors that align the fiber core.
At present, 80% of the fusion splicer on the market are equipped with 4 motors. 6 motors can perform optical focusing of the fiber core, ensuring that the left and right cores are completely aligned before splicing.
According to the number of optical fibers that can be fused at one time, optical fiber fusion splicer is divided into single-core fusion splicer and ribbon fusion splicer. According to the motor classification, it is divided into 4 motors and 6 motors. In addition, there are other classification methods, such as according to the operation mode, it is divided into manual, semi-automatic and full automatic fusion splicer.